Terms & Conditions
1) The brochure & website form part of the contract. Inglenook Cottage, The Byre & The Dairy are hired on the express understanding that the cottage is for holiday use only and that no right to remain in the accommodation exists for the hirer or anyone in the hirer’s party.
2) All reservations are contractually binding once confirmed in writing. Deposits must be received within one week of the reservation or we may re-advertise the availability on our website. Payments made can be made by bank transfer, personal UK sterling cheque and Visa/Mastercard, but not American Express or PayPal.
3) The balance of the hire must be paid 8 weeks before the arrival, otherwise we reserve the right to treat the reservation as cancelled and re-advertise availability on our website.
4) Cancellations and alterations policy:
i) In the event of a cancellation more than 8 weeks prior to arrival (ie following payment of the deposit and prior to payment of the balance), the cottage will be re-advertised as available. If the cottage is re-let, the deposit will be refunded in full less a £20 administration charge. If we are unable to re-let the deposit is non-refundable.
ii) In the event of a cancellation less than 8 weeks prior to arrival (ie following payment of the balance), the cottage will be re-advertised as available, which may need to include late availability discounts. If the cottage is re-let, the balance will be refunded less the discounts of the re-let and a £20 administration charge. If the accommodation is re-let at the original advertised price, the balance will be paid in full less a £20 administration charge.
iii) In the event of a request for change of dates more than 8 weeks prior to arrival (ie following payment of the deposit and prior to payment of the balance), the booking will be transferred to the new date and/or cottage (subject to availability) and the deposit will be transferred in full, with no administration charge.
iv) In the event of a request for change of dates less than 8 weeks prior to arrival (ie following payment of the balance), the policy in point 4 (ii) above applies.
v) All refunds will be reimbursed immediately after the departure date of the original reservation.
vi) If a holiday is cut short, for whatever reason, the hirer remains liable for the full balance already paid.
5) The number of persons using Inglenook Cottage is not to exceed 4 adults/children and 1 infant using a cot, unless by prior arrangement. The number of persons using The Byre or The Dairy is not to exceed 2 adults/children and 1 infant using a cot, unless by prior arrangement. No inflatable beds in the cottages or camping in the cottage grounds are allowed.
6) Unless otherwise agreed, all cottages are available from 3pm on arrival day until 10am on departure day.
7) Care of the Cottage. We undertake to make the cottages available to the hirer in a clean & tidy state & to maintain services & facilities in a proper workable condition.
i) Wi-Fi is provided for guests' reasonable & lawful use. It is rural broadband & has limitations.
ii) All items provided are for use during your stay, both in the cottage and whilst out and about enjoying the Dales. No items to be removed & taken away from the cottage at the end of your stay without permission and/or payment..
iii) It is the hirer’s responsibility to read and understand the contents of the cottage guide on arrival and to pay specific attention to those instructions for lighting and managing the open fire. It is the hirer’s responsibility to share those instructions with other members of their party.
iv) If there is a fault or a problem occurs we will make best efforts to keep any delay or inconvenience to an absolute minimum while we rectify.
v) The hirer and their party undertakes to take good care of the cottage along with its contents and facilities.
vi) The hirer undertakes to inform the owner or caretaker immediately of any articles that have been damaged, lost or broken during their stay, and to reimburse for the cost of such articles, including items taken without permission or purchase. Cottage in the Dales will contact the hirer within one week of departure regarding request for payment for any items removed, breakages or damage to the cottage and the effects of damage to the property and its contents. The hirer is responsible for the care and insurance of their own personal effects.
vii) The hirer & their party will ensure that the cottage is vacated on time and the cottage is left in a truly clean and tidy state.
8) The owner and/or caretaker is allowed access at any reasonable time during your stay.
9) Cottage in the Dales reserve the right not to accept a booking or to refuse entry if any booking conditions are not met.
10) We have a strictly no smoking & a no pets policy in all of the cottages. ‘Assistance Dogs’ are welcome at The Dairy.
11) Complaints. Our policy is to deal with complaints as soon as they arise, both promptly and in a positive manner. Should something go wrong, or you wish to give feedback or raise a complaint, please contact us immediately since it is often difficult to investigate or deal with complaints once you have returned home. Therefore, regrettably, Cottage in the Dales is unable to accept complaints or claims once a holiday is completed.
12) The use of holiday accommodation & any facilities is entirely at the risk of the hirer & their party. No liability is accepted for loss, damage, sickness or injury, howsoever caused which may be sustained during the holiday to any member of the party, any car & its contents or any possessions of the party. The hirer is responsible for ensuring that their party are fully aware of all booking conditions & have appropriate holiday insurance in place.
13) We reserve the right to share details with other accommodation providers of those guests who do not respect the property or show a disregard to the terms and conditions set out above.
15) Terms of any special offers from Cottage in the Dales also form part of the contract.