Christmas & New Year
“An amazing cottage in which to spend Christmas! Incredibly well equipped with luxury, quality furnishings. We really appreciated all the effort you made with the Christmas decorations. It made every room in the cottage magical for us and the children. The best cottage (by far!) we have stayed in ... definitely deserves 5 star status!” - Christmas Guests from Bath.
The Yorkshire Dales are magical in their beauty all year round. So what better time to experience the magic than at Christmas or New Year. This is a special time for everyone to enjoy in their own special way. However you plan to spend your time - with family, friends or just together with some peace and quiet ... we trust that it will be made more enjoyable at your own ‘Cottage in the Dales’.
All cottages are beautifully and tastefully decorated for the festive season. From the moment you arrive and welcomed by a wreath on the front door, enjoy the special yuletide atmosphere throughout the cottage with the glittering garland over the fireplace and the sparkling lights on the Christmas tree. The seasonal magic also touches the kitchen and bedrooms, especially not forgetting the all-important christmas stocking hanging from your bed.
Our complimentary festive gifts to you (and not telling you in advance) are the finishing touches to the traditional Christmas scene in front of the open log fire. All you need is a sprinkling of snow! We even provide the sledge!
One thing to remember though ... please make sure the fire is out before you retire to bed on Christmas Eve. We are sure Father Christmas will appreciate this enormously!
Christmas Events 2019
Enjoy a pre-Christmas break at one of our cottages and join in the following Christmas shopping events happening this year. There is soooo much to choose from from mid November right up until the New Year! ...
* York Christmas Festival = Christmas Markets & Shopping + Christmas Events in York 2019 + Festive Feasts & Treats in York 2019 - simply superb with lots to see and do! Thurs 14 Nov through to Sun 22 Dec 2019
* Harrogate Christmas Market at The Stray, Harrogate - Thurs 14 Nov to Sun 17 November 2019
* Hawes Late Night Christmas Shopping - every Friday evening in November (5.30pm - 8.30pm)
* Christmas at Castle Howard : A Christmas Masquerade - stunning! including Christmas Afternoon Tea (until 13 Dec) - Sat 16 Nov 2019 to Sun 5 Jan 2020
* RHS Harlow Carr Harrogate 'Glow' winter illuminations Thursdays/Fridays/ Saturdays 21 Nov - 28 December 2019 (4.30pm-8pm)
* Gayle Mill Christmas Fair, Woodcraft Studio, Raygill House Farm, Hawes - Sat 23 November 2019 (10am-4.30pm)
* Littondale Christmas Fair, Amerdale Hall, Arncliffe - Saturday 23 November 2019 (10am-3pm)
* Music & Lights at Fountains Abbey - weekends 23 Nov - 29 Dec, lights only on 23/26/27 Dec & 30 Dec - Sun 5 Jan, 2-4pm
* Alice in Wonderland Christmas Lights Trail, Lightwater Valley - Fri/Sat/Sun from Fri 22 Nov to Sun 15 Dec, then Fri 20-Mon 23 Dec and Fri 27-Mon 30 Dec 2019 (4pm-8pm)
* The Polar Express Train Ride on the Wensleydale Railway incl Santa's Workshop (don't forget your pyjamas!) - Fri 28 Nov, Sat 29 Nov, Sun 1, Thu 5, Fri 6, Sat 7, Sun 8 December then Thursday 12 December through until Mon 23 December 2019.
* Tennants Garden Rooms Winter Wonderland Christmas Fair - superb quality presents & decorations - Fri 29 & Sat 30 November 2019
* Festive Dining (Lunch or Afternoon Tea) Tennants Garden Rooms, Leyburn - Fri 29 November to 30 December 2019
* RHS Harlow Carr Harrogate, Magic of Christmas - (put on your Christmas jumper!) 29-30 Nov, 1,6,7,8,13,14,15, 20, 21, 22, 23 December 2019
* Settle Christmas Market - Victoria Hall, Kirkgate, Settle, Saturday 30 November 2019
* Pateley Bridge Christmas Vintage Fair & Traders Market, Saturday 30 November 2019
* Grassington Dickensian Festival - Sat 30 Nov, Sun 1 Dec, Sat 7 Dec, Sun 8 December 2019
* Festive Farfield Mill Weekend, nr Sedbergh - Sat 30 Nov - Sun 1 Dec 2019
* Richmondshire Orchestra Winter Concert at Tennants Garden Rooms, Leyburn - Sun 1 December 2019
* Christmas Chic Antique Craft & Vintage Fair, Richmond Town Hall, Market Place, Richmond - Sun 1 December 2019 (10am-4pm)
* Skipton Christmas Market & Yuletide Festival - Sun 1 & Sun 8 December 2019
* Harrogate Country Living Christmas Fair - Thurs 5 December to Sun 8 December 2019
* Christmas shopping evening at Wensleydale Creamery - everything is 20% off (& free mulled wine/mince pies) - 5pm-8pm, Thursday 5 December & Tuesday 17 December 2019
* Baubles & Bublé - Festive Party Night, Tennants, Garden Rooms, Leyburn - Fri 6 December 2019
* Christmas Concert at Malham Cove - Sat 7 Decembeer 2019 - wrap up warm! (2pm-3.30pm)
* Christmas Gift Wrapping Masterclass, Tennants Garden Rooms, Leyburn - Sat 7 December 2019
* Leyburn Christmas Festival, Market Place, Leyburn - 10am-4.30pm, Sat 7 December 2019
* Knaresborough Christmas Market, Market Square, Knaresborough - Sat 7 Dec to Sun 8 December 2019
* Handel's Messiah, Tennants Garden Rooms, Leyburn - Sun 8 December 2019
* Richmond Town Christmas Market, Richmond - Sun 8 December 2019
* Fountains Abbey Carols by Candlelight - Sun 8 Dec & Sun 15 Dec 3pm-3.45 2019
* Christmas Wreath Making Workshop at Tennants Garden Rooms, Leyburn - Mon 9 December 2019
* Fountains Abbey & Studley Royal Christmas Lunch - Tues 10-Thurs 12 Dec and Mon 16-Thurs 19 December 2019
* Pateley Bridge Christmas Late Night Opening 5.30pm-9pm, Friday 20 December 2019
* Leyburn Band Christmas Concert & Fireworks at Tennants Garden Rooms - Mon 23 December
* New Year Fireworks, Reeth Village Green, Swaledale - 7pm, 1 January 2020
* Santa Specials on Embsay/Bolton Abbey Railway - 29-30 Nov, 1,6,7,8,13,14,15, 20, 21, 22, 23 December 2019
Previous Christmas Visitors
Guests from Tewkesbury, Gloucestershire ... A perfect place to spend Christmas. Comfortable and cosy with such lovely Christmas decorations to enjoy. The Byre sets the benchmark for all future cottage holidays.
Guests from Kirby, Notts - Christmas decorations very much appreciated. A beautiful cottage and very comfortable. Great views. Excellent walks. We will be back in the summer. Happy New Year!