Christmas & New Year
“An amazing cottage in which to spend Christmas! Incredibly well equipped with luxury, quality furnishings. We really appreciated all the effort you made with the Christmas decorations. It made every room in the cottage magical for us and the children. The best cottage (by far!) we have stayed in ... definitely deserves 5 star status!” - Christmas Guests from Bath.
The Yorkshire Dales are magical in their beauty all year round. So what better time to experience the magic than at Christmas or New Year. This is a special time for everyone to enjoy in their own special way. However you plan to spend your time - with family, friends or just together with some peace and quiet ... we trust that it will be made more enjoyable at your own ‘Cottage in the Dales’.
All cottages are beautifully and tastefully decorated for the festive season. From the moment you arrive and welcomed by a wreath on the front door, enjoy the special yuletide atmosphere throughout the cottage with the glittering garland over the fireplace and the sparkling lights on the Christmas tree. The seasonal magic also touches the kitchen and bedrooms, especially not forgetting the all-important christmas stocking hanging from your bed.
Our complimentary festive gifts to you (and not telling you in advance) are the finishing touches to the traditional Christmas scene in front of the open log fire. All you need is a sprinkling of snow! We even provide the sledge!
One thing to remember though ... please make sure the fire is out before you retire to bed on Christmas Eve. We are sure Father Christmas will appreciate this enormously!
Festive Events 2023
There are so many festive events happening locally in the Yorkshire Dales and across North Yorkshire this year. Whether your are visiting the Yorkshire Dales for Christmas, New Year or a pre-Christmas break, you'll find our cottages will be fully dressed for the festive season. Here is a whole host of Christmas events happening in 2023 to help you plan your festive visit from mid November right up until early January 2024. As more dates for the 2023 events become available, we will update them here too.
- 9-12 Nov 2023 = York - Living North Christmas Fair
- 11 Nov 2023 - 2 Jan 2024 = Castle Howard, Malton - Theme this year is Christmas in Neverland
- 18 Nov 2023 = G4 Christmas at Ripon Cathedral (G4 harmony group concert 7.30pm)
- 18 Nov - 23 Dec 2023 = York - Christmas Festival - so many different activities to check out & enjoy
- 18 Nov 2023 - 7 Jan 2024 = York - Yorkshire Winter Wonderland at McArthurGlen Designer Outlet
- 18-29 Nov 2023 = Market House, Hawes - Wensleydale Christmas Craft Fair
- mid Nov 2023 - Jan 2024 (dates & info tbc) = Ripon - Music & Lights at Fountains Abbey
- 25-26 Nov 2023 (dates & info tbc) = Ripon - Cathedral Christmas Gift & Food Fair
- late Nov 2023 (dates & info tbc) = Pateley Bridge, Nidderdale - Meet the Makers Craft Fair
- 24-25 Nov 2023 = Leyburn - Tennants Garden Rooms Winter Wonderland Christmas Fair
- 29-30 Nov 2023 = Leyburn - Tennants Garden Rooms Wreath Making Workshop
- 30 Nov - 3 Dec 2023 = Harrogate - Country Living Magazine
- 30 Nov - 3 Dec 2023 = The Great Yorkshire Christmas Fair, Harrogate Showground
- 1-17 Dec 2023 = Harrogate - Christmas Fayre
- 2-3 Dec 2023 = Knaresborough Christmas Market & Christmas Tree Festival
- 2-3 Dec 2023 = Malton Christmas Festival, Food & Gift Market
- 2 & 9 Dec 2023 = Grassington Christmas Market 10am-4pm (no Dickensian Festival this year)
- 3 & 10 Dec 2023 (dates & info tbc) = Skipton Yuletide Festival High Street
- 12 Dec 2023 (info & link tbc) = Skipton Town Hall Christmas Tea Dance 1.30pm
- week before Christmas 2023 (info & link tbc) = Leyburn Tennants Garden Rooms - Leyburn Band Christmas Concert & Fireworks
- twixt Xmas & New Year 2023 (info & link tbc) = Leyburn Tennants Garden Rooms - Pantomime
Previous Christmas Visitors
Guests from Tewkesbury, Gloucestershire ... A perfect place to spend Christmas. Comfortable and cosy with such lovely Christmas decorations to enjoy. The Byre sets the benchmark for all future cottage holidays.
Guests from Kirby, Notts - Christmas decorations very much appreciated. A beautiful cottage and very comfortable. Great views. Excellent walks. We will be back in the summer. Happy New Year!